Dave Ruel's Strawberry Meringues Recipe
Makes 2 Servings
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp Splenda
- 4 scoops vanilla or strawberry protein powder
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 6 egg whites and 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until the egg whites become fluffy and hold stiff peaks.
3. Scoop this mixture out into two large ball-like portions on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. With the back of a large spoon, depress the middle of each portion to form a pocket (this is where the fruit will go).
5. Bake in the oven until the mixture turns light golden brown, between 5 and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool.
6. Cut up 2 cups of strawberries and mix in a bowl with Splenda. Add the protein powder to this mixture, 1 scoop at a time, mixing well. Once these dry ingredients are mixed together, add water – 1 tbsp at a time – until the mixture becomes creamy.
7. Pour the strawberry mixture into the meringue pockets, letting it flow over the sides. Serve cool.
More Recipes By Dave Ruel
Return to the Bodybuilding Recipes Archive